Fine Garden Creations, LLC (2015 - present). Owner of full-service design, installation, and maintenance company specializing in fine horticulture, unique plants. Notable Projects:
- Avenue of the Arts container - installation and maintenance
- The College of Physicians Benjamin Rush Medicinal Herb Garden design - installation and maintenance
- Rittenhouse Square Formal Redux - installation
- 3737 Chestnut Street rooftop garden - installation
- The Inn at Swarthmore College - maintenance
- Cathedral Basicilica SS Peter and Paul - Mary Garden design and installation
- Kahn Park hardscape - installation
- Firehouse Park hardscape - installation
- Pearl Properties courtyard - installation
- Ravenscliff HOA Island - installation
- Swarthmore Town Center container - installation
Haegele Gardens, LLC (2012 - present). Garden design, consultation, lectures and continuing education services
Manager of Horticulture
Fine Garden Creations, Inc. (March 2012 - December 2013). Managed horticultural maintenance for residential and commercial clients.
Urban Forestry/ Plant One Million Manager
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (January 2010 - March 2012)
- Contributed regularly to the community marketing and outreach components of the Plant One Million campaign, a tri-state, regional partnership to plant one million trees.
- Managed logistics of planting over 2,000 street trees each year in Philadelphia. Work includes bare root tree selection,
- Worked with community members and leaders to organize neighborhood tree plantings.
- Taught tree education on street tree planting and maintenance.
- Built and managed the PHS Trees Database.
- Designed ArcGIS work with Philadelphia Water Department.
- Managed Center City District tree collection.
Assistant Education Coordinator
The Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College (September 2007 - February 2009)
- Developed and implemented the arboretum’s Sustainable Education Series.
- Assisted in development of continuing adult horticultural and environmental education.
- Wrote for and edited quarterly publication The Hybrid, and the Scott Arboretum blog and website.
- Developed feasibility study of trail signage and created a map of hiking trails in the Crum Woods to encourage community involvement and awareness of this natural area.
- Developed the arboretum’s self-guided cell phone tours including introductory as well as plant focused tours.
- Formed Nature’s Narratives, a book discussion group for the Swarthmore community.
- Created an online database for the arboretum’s horticultural library collection.
The Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College (May 2006 - August 2007)
- Designed and maintained The Scott Arboretum Entrance Garden, Terry Shane Teaching Garden.
- Managed volunteers, summer interns, and student workers.
- Managed plant production in cold frames, poly-houses and greenhouse.
- Evaluated the James R. Frorer Holly Collection and report was published by the American Holly Society.
- Responsible for accessioning all woody plants that were new to the plant collections.
- Mapped plants using GPS mapping equipment; BG-Base and BG-Map experience.
Longwood Gardens (2006)
Brooklyn Botanic Garden (2005)
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
- Master of Environmental Studies degree, University of Pennsylvania, May 2011.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden Certificate in Horticulture, November 2005.
- B.S. in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Drexel University, June 2003. A.J. Drexel Scholar,
- Completed 2,178.3 mile hike of the entire Appalachian Trail, March 2009-September 2009